The Canadian Finance & Leasing Association represents equipment and vehicle leasing and asset based finance companies in Canada. Our longstanding relationship with this organization ensures we are keep abreast of industry issues and developments that may be of valuable benefit to our customers. Blue Birch Leasing adheres to the CFLA code of ethics, fundamental standards of practice that serve as guiding principles for those engaged in the business of leasing and asset-based financing.
- At all times conduct our activities with integrity, dignity and professionalism and encourage such conduct by others in the leasing industry.
- At all times adhere to the specific terms of funding commitments, commission agreements and purchase orders.
- Not knowingly make false or misleading statements or withhold information vital to an intelligent business decision concerning any aspect of a leasing transaction.
- Disclose all relevant information as to the terms and conditions of the lease, which may effect the lessee’s decision.
- Treat in a fiduciary capacity all funds received from the lessee, which may be returned to the lessee.
- Hold in strict confidence all financial information supplied by the lessee on a confidential basis.
- Not make payments directly to an employee of a vendor or business source without that company’s knowledge.
- Maintain respect for competition and seek no unfair advantage by dishonest or unethical means.